Pages

Sunday 28 September 2008

Very Illuminating!

Today I have taken just for me. Now that may sound selfish, but as I explained in my last post, I have been here, there and everywhere. So after arriving home thoroughly *******!! last night, after the workshop in Newcastle, I decided today would be MINE. So I spent the morning catching up on emails and browsing my favourite blogs. And guess what...? I've been awarded this.

How fantastic, this blog is only three weeks old today and Craftimamma of Crafty Love N Hugs has been gracious enough to nominate it. A huge thank you for this. It is very encouraging that, although still in it's infancy, you find my input interesting (does that read okay?) Anyway, please look at Craftimamma's blog for fabulous photography and inspiration.

Now as I understand it the rules for this award are :
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.

2. Link the person you receive your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put the links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated.

So, checking through the list, I have done 1 and 2, but 3 is going to take some serious consideration. There are some very creative and interesting blogs out there and many people who inspire me. So, to make sure I pass the baton to those people who I really want get the recognition they deserve, I will take a little time before posting those nominations.

Having settled down from the excitement of receiving my first award, and coming in from helping DH with his work on the roof (yes I did say roof but that's a whole other story!!) I have spent the afternoon designing. This time on my computer using Photoshop. Although many may say this is not true hands on crafting, I really enjoy using this medium for my creativity. The blank white document on my computer screen can be just as challenging as a blank piece of card or paper. And can go just as horribly wrong too!! Anyway today has been a good day and I have added some new artwork to my growing collection. If you don't like computer art look away now.....

This is my version of an illuminated letter, which I have designed especially for a very good friend of mine. However I'm also hoping to incorporate it as the bookcover for a project I have in mind. Let me know what you think, and if you would like to see more in the future. If you really like this I might be able to share it with you so that you can download it for your own use.
There you have it, all in all a very illuminating day! Take care 'til next time.

4 comments:

craftimamma said...

You see Lesley, this is exactly why I nominated your new blog for the award.

Although in it's infancy you have already entertained, educated and most of all inspired us.

Having seen you in action (albeit briefly) at the GM workshop at the beginning of the year I can only imagine the sort of treats we are in for in the future.

Best Wishes
Lesley

Phree said...

I love your illuminated letter, but not sure I would ever have the patience to play around on the computer to create something like that myself.

InkyArtitude said...

Love the illuminated letter Lesley, very creative. It was great seeing you albeit briefly at Harrogate. Hope to catch up soon.

Jill said...

Lesley,

I've only just found your blog and I love it!!!

I always love chatting to you at the Graphicus Open Days and you always give me so many ideas and inspiration. And of course Davids food is something else. Jo and I both ADORE his apple pie!!!

Anyhoo, I love the illuminated letter. I've always been fascinated by illumination and calligraphy and used to do caliigraphy before the MS took over. I love the idea of a more modern font for the letter and would love a download. My mind is already racing over what I can use them for!!

See you at the next Open Day.

Love

Jill
x