Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2008

Where does the time go!!!

How do the words of the Madonna song go..."time goes by so slowly". Huh! Who is she kidding? It's just whizzing by and I'm hanging on with an inkpad in one hand and a rubber stamp in the other! And Alice, our TIAPD (thinks it's a person dog!) is dashing around behind me chewing ribbons, sneezing on the glitter and burying her nose in my craft stash. On the other hand DH is keeping me going with cups of herbal tea and wonderful evening meals.

Anyway, I'm preparing new samples for the next Elusive Images live show (see Glenda's blog for the rescheduled dates), making birthday cards for assorted friends and family - (don't you make a rod for your own back? If you bought a card, they'd think you didn't care!) - and trying to get organised for the SECC show in Glasgow later this month. This may all sound like a whinge, but it's not; I am so lucky to be doing what I do and I thank my stars every day that other people seem to like it too.

I have managed to come up with a few people to whom I wish pass on the I Love your Blog Award, but I haven't got to the magic number yet; trust me I'll post on that soon. Also watch this space for pics of the projects from my Fenwick's class that I promised a couple of posts ago.

So, to finish here I'll leave you with a couple of things I have managed to complete. If you click on the photos you will be able to see the details more clearly.
The images for this card came from the new Eccentric Edwardian themeplate. I just love vintage and all the stamps on this plate capture this by-gone era so beautifully. I stamped the background with one of the script stamps onto patterned paper, using Teal Stazon, and edged this with Versafine Vintage Sepia. I then stamped the large and small watch faces on the same paper and cut them out. Next I thinly applied a couple of coats of clear varnish to accent the clock faces. I didn't use Glossy Accents here because that would make the paper too wet. I covered the base cardstock with the same patterned paper, mounted the script background onto some thin card (to give it substance) and attached it with foam pads. I stuck a piece of blue ribbon diagonally across the bottom right hand corner and attached the faces using foam pads. At least these clocks stand still!






This is a another of my computer art projects - it will be the front cover of a digital journal I am working on (eventually!).


Well that's all for now, the clock has whizzed again, struck twelve and I'm about to turn into.......




5 comments:

Phree said...

Love your Eccentric Edwardian card, and the cover of your journal is just beautiful. Hopoe you don't mind me mentioning you seem to have got the links muddled, the link for the themeplate takes you to the Versfine Ink.. and btw if I now buy that themeplate I will be placing the blame for that on you ;) That's how I know the link is muddled, cuz I decided I ought to have a closer look!

Paper Engineer said...

Phree, thank you for your lovely comments. Sorry about the muddled links, I think it must have been that time thing again! All is okay now.

Annette Lee said...

Lesley, Love the look of the digi stuff - can you show me sometime how that works??? and aren't those Edwardian images just FAB.LOL Annette
ps I've made a gatefold faerie card and thought something didn't look quite right. Three hours later when I looked at it again I realised my decoupaged unicorn had five legs - saints preserve us xXx

craftimamma said...

OH! WOW! and I'm trying to convince myself I don't need that themeplate for the men in my life.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my last post.

Lesley

InkyArtitude said...

Oooo, love the Eccentric Edwardian card! Sorry to hear you're so busy, don't forget to take some down time (maybe your little furball is trying to tell you something).
Nice digital work, I'll look forward to seeing some more of the journal if it's not too personal to share.