Pages

Monday 24 January 2011

A New Year?

I expect by now that you all think I have either left the country or just given up blogging all together. Well here I stand in 2011 having completely missed 2010 on the blogging front.

2010 was a funny old year, and not the happiest for a lot of people for many, many reasons. So I guess that as the clock struck 12 at midnight on New Years Eve there were quite a few who were not sorry to see the back of the old year. But what is it about a New Year that makes us think we can shed all our woes and problems like an old skin? After all, the clock has just clicked over into another day, just like the previous 365. Technically nothing has changed, we are all just a couple of minutes older and yet it is almost like we have been given another chance to start things over again. Perhaps it is the thought of new beginnings which excite us, a new blank canvas to redraw what we hope is a better picture, the wish that everything will seem brighter.

Well now it is three weeks down the line from those magical chimes and the reality of life has set in. Has anything changed, have we all suddenly become happier, more contended individuals? I would like to think that for some people, their world is becoming a better place - for whatever reason. And for those who still have their struggles, I hope their burden becomes lighter or at least more easy to bear.

For me I can celebrate one change - it has been exactly one year since I gave up smoking and although I need to start the diet now(!), well soon(!), I am very proud of my achievement. So maybe hoping that the New Year will be a fresh start is not such an impossible dream. For all of you who either need or want a new beginning may I wish you every good luck on your road to discovery.

Now it may be a little past those witching midnight chimes, but I just want to say 'may your year be the one you desire' and I hold a glass up to absent friends.

Lesley

7 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi Lesley, All the best to you and your lovely OH for 2011.

I have to confess ringing in the New Year didn't fill me with total joy and enthusiasm but lets just say I am trying to remain hopeful that things will be much better. For myself 2010 wasn't too bad but for lots of my loved ones and friends it was a different story so my hopes for this year are on mostly on their behalf. If they are okay then so am I.

I hope it's not too long before we meet up again but in the meantime take care.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

Good to see you back, Lesley!

So pleased you've managed a year without smoking. Good on yer, girl!!

The start of this year hasn't been the greatest for me, health wise, but I hoping its gonna get better.

May you year give you everything you want and more.

Love to David.

love

Jill
x

Debbie said...

Hi Lesley. Good to see you in blog land again. I've had a good read and I think a lot of what you've said makes alot of sense.
Enormous congratulations, ticker tape, fireworks, party poppers and all the rest on your 1 year achievement. See you soon
Debbie.
PS Say hi to David.

Glenda Waterworth said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it!! Let's hope 2011 is a better year for us all, I hold out for a year filled with delight and have to say love the blog decorations - it looks fab.

Glenda

Janet Vince said...

Lesley
It's great to see you blogging again.It was also great to see you and Glenda before Christmas
I'm quite pleased 2010 is over - losing one of our dogs in April and Alan's mam at the end of Nov. However the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 passed me by as I was laid up with a chest infection from the day before New Years Eve to 10 Jan. Returned to work on 11 Jan only to need stronger antibiotics. Just finished those and starting to feel better. I had several calls from Lilian which helped to cheer me up.
I promised myself more leisure time in 2011 - wonder how long that will last.
hopefully I will be able to look forward to some classes in 2011!!!!!!!!
Keep blogging

Love to you and David
Take care

Janet Vince (and Lilian)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lesley (and David). Good to see you bag in Blogland.
Great that you have managed a year without a cigarette.
Looking forward to seeing some of your new creations .
Love
Margaret Iddon

Debbie said...

Hi Lesley.
Sorry I have to do this but
TAP !!! TAP !!! TAP !!!
You've gone quiet.
HEE HEE HEE
Hope you are well.
Debbie