Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Solo Flight

Hi again, can you believe I am blogging so soon after my last post? I would like to say this is a whole new me and there will be more posts, more often ( you never know). Whilst testing the wonderful new clear stamps from Chocolate Baroque I have built up one or two samples that I want to share with you.  So, hot on the heels of the Chinese Lanterns, here is a card made using images from both the Moonlit Waterfall and Lily Pad sets.



You know how when you first see a stamp you can see exactly what you want to do with it?  Well the flying Crane on the Moonlit Waterfall set had this effect on me.

First I brayered a piece of silk card using the Foliage Big 'N Juicy inkpad.  Unfortunately these inkpads have now been discontinued but you can achieve the same effect using Adirondack dye inks in Sunset Orange and Sunset Yellow.  Ink half the brayer up with one colour and then the other half with the second.  I brayered the whole card and then applied a second 'coat' to achieve the depth of colour I wanted for my sunset.  Next I used Adirondack Dye Pitch Black and brayered across the bottom of the card (it must be a dye based colour otherwise you will ruin your brayer if you use a permanent ink).  Again I repeated this step for extra depth.

Next I stamped the crane directly onto the brayered background using Versafine Onyx Black.  Then stamped part of the same image onto a circle punched out from a self adhesive label.  This is the cheat's way of masking and is useful if you don't want to cut out the image and place onto your card before brayering.  Once completely dry I removed the backing paper from the label and matched it with the image on the card. (Tip: Versafine is oil based and takes some time to dry. If you are in a hurry either 'blot' the image several times with a clean sheet of copier paper or heat set).

To add interest I stamped the blossom branches from the Lily Pad set; whilst for the tall grasses I used the large Lily Pad image, removing the ink from the areas I didn't want.  Finally I added the orange ribbon from the Bollywood Brights ribbon pack to a piece of folded card from my stash and attached the finished scene with foam pads.

I am rather pleased with this card, it turned out just how I had seen it my head - don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

See you soon
Lesley

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Glorious colours & I love the shine on the bottom left part of the picture. The spotted background is perfect hinting at the glowing moon shape of the main image.
Love the orange ribbon.
Paula (PEP)

Miranda said...

Wow superduperlicious card Lesley, I don't think this word exists but I like it....LOL, it's become a lovely card with warm colours of the evening sun, warm greet Miranda

Aquarius said...

So good that the plan came together - this is a beautiful card. I knew I needed all of the new stamp sets really!! Look forward to more blogging from you.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is sooooo gorgeous Lesley. Super. Beautiful design and colors too. Love it.
Lovely greet
Marja
(marjascreativity)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So awesome, love the colors and the svene is beautiful stamped.
Hugs Anja