Pages

Monday 30 March 2009

The Phantom Blogger (plus sneeky peek of new freebie!!)

I'm beginning to think that Dr Who and Captain Kirk et al got it right! I would love to be able turn a dial in the TARDIS and find myself exactly where I had to be in the blink of an eye. Or how about 'Beam me up Scottie', wouldn't that be fantastic. No more packing and unpacking cases, getting on trains, off planes, up and down motorways and in and out of cars and vans. Just a quick 'shimmer' and I'd be THERE!! Maybe I could twitch my nose like Samantha and just appear, in the right place, at the right time and at the right demo table - amazing. Unfortunately I am neither a space captain, a witch or a time lord and therefore I can only explain my absence from blogging is because I am human and have to travel through real time. And what a time I've had. From the trade show in Birmingham to now I've hardly had time to catch breath and it isn't over yet; although I'm not due to be at another show until after Easter (Ally Pally). But there will be lots to do in the meantime, preparing for TV shows, arranging workshop dates for the summer etc, so I'm making the most of a semi free evening and trying to give my blog an airing.

I've had a blast the last few weeks, except for being uncermoniously being taken out of the NECC in a wheelchair a couple of weeks ago (long story involving being unable to breathe, the emergency room in the NECC, Doncaster Royal Infirmary and anaphylatic shock) and as usual have met lots of old friends and hopefully made loads of new ones. A great big thank you to everyone who has stopped at my demo stand on Clarity Stamp, or who came to the Graphicus Open Days last weekend. Your kind words and interest are what keep me going. To the lady who came to me at the stand at Glasgow and was upset to see I wasn't Barbara I apologise. To Phree, who remained at the stand in Glasgow and watched me demonstrating, even though I wasn't Barabara, thank you. To everyone else who has stood patiently while I've waited for my craft iron to heat up, while I've been cutting out or while I've searched for something that I knew I had when I started the day, but seemed to have disappeared under a pile of something else and to those of you that have kindly brought me everything from samples of your beautiful work, to cups of coffee and homemade cakes, my heartfelt gratitude. A big thank you to Glenda, Lynn, Judith and Carrie for stopping by yesterday at Harrogate, it was quite strange to see them as 'tourists' and I'm sure you all had a great day. And finally, to those that I have not been able to chat to, or whom I have missed because I took a quick five minute break I am sorry and I hope to be able to catch up with you again somewhere very soon.

Ok, before I leave blog land again, I mentioned at the beginning a new freebie. Providing I am not sabotaged along the way, I'm hoping you will be able to download this within the next couple of days. But just to whet your appetite, here is a sneeky peek

This is just one small corner, think you might like it though (it 's actually a game of two halves!).

I'm now off to see if I can convert the shed into a time machine - 'Beam me up David'!

4 comments:

Paper Engineer said...

This comment has been moved from previous post. Comments were temporarily missing from post.

crafty flossie said...

Hi Lesley. I couldn't find the comment post on the newest page so I hope you read this. I'm sorry for not getting back to you to chat, it took us a leisurly full day to get around the show including a work shop (early doors). I hadn't realized you had been poorly. So now I'm going to get my doctors head on and instruct you to have a little tome off at Easter and relax. The new download looks gorgeous as promised. Look forward for our next chat. Take care you're precious to a lot of people. Debbie M

Jill said...

Finally!!! You've returned to blog-land.

Disappointed to hear you're not a witch. I thought you were this marvellous, magical and very talented supernatural being. Ah well a magical, marvellous and very talented mortal will have to so I suppose!!!

It was lovely seeing you at Graphicus and Jo and I spent Saturday playing with the fantasy film and fibres. I even managed not to burn myself which is a minor miracle in itself. When we had fibres from one end of the house to the other the term 'b****y Lesley' was uttered more than once, but we had a FAB time!!!

Everytime I see you, you inspire me to try something new and I end up buying new crafty kit. At least this time it was in the clearance corridor!!

Can't wait for the new paper. It looks gorgeous.

Thank you for inspiring me.

Lots of love

Jill
x

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you blogging and thank you so much for your wonderful demoing in the 'hot seat' at Graphicus.

The freebie looks enticing ...
Glenda

Phree said...

Whew, sorry it took me a while to reply, a sickly computer meant I couldn't do to much blog hopping recently. It was lovely to see you at the SECC, I am sorry and rahter ashamed of my countryfolks who were so rude about you not being Barbara! Their loss however as they missed out on a chance to see another very talented crafter at work!